• Question: What incentives do I have with owning a car in Malaysia?


    I can choose to either: Import one car subject to approved permit (AP), which is exempted from import duty, excise duty and sales tax, or purchase a locally assembled car (including foreign brands) in Malaysia which is exempted from payment of excise duty and sales tax.

  • Question: Can I buy a second-hand local car and eligible for tax exemptions?


    Second hand cars are transacted on a willing buyer & seller basis and the government does not levy any sales tax and excise duty on such transactions therefore tax exemptions do not arise.

  • Question: When can I sell the car which has been given all the tax exemptions?


    I can only sell the car after two years stay on the programme. Cars that have been exempted from taxes and duties under this program can be sold or its ownership transferred provided the prevailing taxes and duties on the car have been paid prior to the transaction. However, for imported cars the condition stipulated in the AP should be complied before any sale or transfer can be permitted.

  • Question: What are the regulations if I would like to import my own car to Malaysia?


    Under MM2H program, I am allowed to bring in personal car with duty / tax exemptions. Agent will provide me with the procedures to do it myself or I may engage an agent to do so. I must apply to import my car within 6 months from the date I receive my MM2H Visa.

  • Question: What is the deadline for me to purchase a new car in Malaysia?


    I must apply to purchase my car within 12 months from the date I receive your MM2H Visa.

  • Question: Do I still need to sit for a driving test to obtain a driving license in Malaysia if I have an international driving license?


    Malaysia recognizes all international driving licenses. Therefore I do not need to obtain a new driving license in Malaysia as long as my international license is still valid. I may convert my foreign driving license to Malaysian driving license according to the rules and regulations by the Road Transport Department. I may request an agent to furnish me with the detailed information and procedures on how to do it myself.


Our Agents